Saturday, April 26, 2014

BOTH GERUND AND INFINITIVES



Both Gerund and infinitives can be nouns, which means they can do just anything that a noun can do like as a subject or object in a sentence.
Examples for Gerund :
1.      Swimming is my hobby
2.      Sleeping is one of things I need
3.      Jogging is his favorite exercise
4.      She can’t do juggling anymore
5.      Cooking is my mom hobies
Examples for Infinitive :
1.      She doesn’t like to meet me
2.      I decided to take a part in the competition
3.      She needs to sleep well
4.      He learns to swim
5.      He decudes to swim

-          Adverbs of time is used to tell us when an action happened and also explain for how long and how often.
Examples :
1.      I’ve done my homework last night
2.      I met her yesterday
3.      He wants to see you now
4.      She will have a nice dream tonight
5.      Today I met my boyfriend

-          Adverb of place tell us about where an action happened or accured
Examples :
1.      I searched her everywhere
2.      They build a house nearby
3.      She took the garbage outside
4.      There are parks in Depok
5.      He wants to meet me everyday.

-          Adverb of manner tell us how something happens
Examples :
1.      He speaks English fluently
2.      She dances beautifully
3.      I walk slowly
4.      We meet secretly
5.      He teaches me patiently
-          Adverb of frequency is adverb of time that answer the question how frequently or how often
Examples :
1.      She visits me weekly
2.      She always goes to school at 07.00
3.      They never go to the gymnasium
4.      He often comes late
5.      I sometimes meet her in her free time

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © Ajeng Astika . Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver